Re: SoundNote does not accept "H"
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg83333] Re: SoundNote does not accept "H"
- From: David Bailey <dave at Remove_Thisdbailey.co.uk>
- Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 05:34:32 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Szabolcs Horvát wrote: > I was playing with Sound and SoundNote. For some reason, SoundNote does > not seem to accept the H note. Sound[SoundNote["H"]] returns > unevaluated but Sound[SoundNote["A"]] works correctly. I can use > Sound[SoundNote] as a workaround, but why doesn't the letter > specification work? > > Szabolcs > Find a piano teacher and ask him - the white notes on the piano are named C,D,E,F,G,A,B (starting from middle C)together with the black notes, which have names like F\[Sharp], that is a complete octave! David Bailey http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk