Re: SoundNote does not accept "H"
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg83343] Re: SoundNote does not accept "H"
- From: Helen Read <hpr at together.net>
- Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 05:39:42 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: HPR <read at math.uvm.edu>
Szabolcs Horvát wrote: > I was playing with Sound and SoundNote. For some reason, SoundNote does > not seem to accept the H note. Sound[SoundNote["H"]] returns > unevaluated but Sound[SoundNote["A"]] works correctly. I can use > Sound[SoundNote] as a workaround, but why doesn't the letter > specification work? In the USA, the note you call H is called B, and your B is our B-flat. Sound[SoundNote["B"]] will give you what you recognize as H. and Sound[SoundNote["BFlat"]] is what you think of as B. -- Helen Read University of Vermont