Re: simple Button code hangs dynamic evaluation: why?

Hi,

> I have a notebook containing code to generate a button to prompt for
> input (the full expression has been shown in the below as obviously I
> can't paste the button here):
>
> In[1]:= Button["Warning: may hang kernel", Input["Good luck!"]]

in this case choosing Method->"Queued" for the button will cure the
problem. On the other hand I have encountered problems with nested modal
dialogs before, so I think there is really something to be corrected
despite the fact that the current behaviour in your case is not very
convenient...

hth,

albert