Re: simple Button code hangs dynamic evaluation: why?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg83551] Re: simple Button code hangs dynamic evaluation: why?
  • From: Albert <awnl at arcor.net>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 05:01:37 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

> I have a notebook containing code to generate a button to prompt for
> input (the full expression has been shown in the below as obviously I
> can't paste the button here):
>
> In[1]:= Button["Warning: may hang kernel", Input["Good luck!"]]

in this case choosing Method->"Queued" for the button will cure the
problem. On the other hand I have encountered problems with nested modal
dialogs before, so I think there is really something to be corrected
despite the fact that the current behaviour in your case is not very
convenient...

hth,

albert