Re: simple Button code hangs dynamic evaluation: why?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg83551] Re: simple Button code hangs dynamic evaluation: why?
- From: Albert <awnl at arcor.net>
- Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 05:01:37 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com>
Hi, > I have a notebook containing code to generate a button to prompt for > input (the full expression has been shown in the below as obviously I > can't paste the button here): > > In:= Button["Warning: may hang kernel", Input["Good luck!"]] in this case choosing Method->"Queued" for the button will cure the problem. On the other hand I have encountered problems with nested modal dialogs before, so I think there is really something to be corrected despite the fact that the current behaviour in your case is not very convenient... hth, albert