RE: Re: Locator 3D

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg83547] RE: [mg83508] Re: Locator 3D
  • From: "Ingolf Dahl" <ingolf.dahl at telia.com>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 04:59:19 -0500 (EST)

A really nice proof-of-principle! Now it is "just" remains to generalize to
a arbitrary function and arbitrary scales on the axes, add a coordinate
read-out, and wrap it up in the appropriate way. Maybe the FindRoot routine
could be instructed to always search for that solution, which is in front in
the image. Maybe one could also have another "slave" display, from another
perspective. I tried with the function

fun[x_, y_] := Sin[x*Pi]*Sin[y*Pi]

and then is sometimes seems to me as if a background solution is found,
since the sphere disappear.

The ball is passed...

Ingolf Dahl