ListContourPlot on a torus

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg83595] ListContourPlot on a torus
  • From: eschlemm at physics.utoronto.ca
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 04:09:50 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

I'm given a real valued function on an (m x n) torus grid  (given as a
matrix) which I want to visualize.

It works well will ListContourPlot but now I want to plot to the
actual torus and color its surface according to my function ....

In Mathematica 6, there seem to be some fancy options available for
ParametricPlot3D (like ColorFunction) which might do the trick, but
unfortunately I am only having version 5.2 at the moment.

Can somebody think of an (easy) solution?

Thanks

Eckhard