Re: VectorFieldPlot Arrows

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg83589] Re: VectorFieldPlot Arrows
  • From: congruentialuminaire at yahoo.com
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 04:06:36 -0500 (EST)

Hello John Lee:

My experience is that this very helpful group gives better results
when I give a (hopefully simplified) code sample of my problem with
corresponding error messages. Just a suggestion.

In any event, here is some investigation which I hope you can use to
address your problem.

- look at the Arrowheads[] and VectorFieldPlot[] samples in the help
browser
- type in the following from the help browser sample

(* save the Mathematica graphics commands *)
VFPgrapfixCommands = VectorFieldPlot[{Sin[x], Cos[y]}, {x, 0, 2 \
[Pi]}, {y, 0, 2 \[Pi]}];

- look inside the commands..lo and behold they contain the stuff you
are looking for

(* look at them *) ?VFPgrapfixCommands

- these dumps give you the primitives you are looking for

VFPgrapfixCommands[[1, 2]]
VFPgrapfixCommands[[1, 2]]

- figure out some Map[]/MapAt[] function calls you need to modify
these to your liking
- feed this back into Show@Graphics[] to get the desired plot

Thanks to DPark, MTrott, et.al. for "teaching" me this.

HTH

Regards..Roger W.