Re: VectorFieldPlot Arrows

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg83612] Re: VectorFieldPlot Arrows
  • From: Albert <awnl at arcor.net>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 04:29:04 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

> (* save the Mathematica graphics commands *)
> VFPgrapfixCommands = VectorFieldPlot[{Sin[x], Cos[y]}, {x, 0, 2 \
> [Pi]}, {y, 0, 2 \[Pi]}];
>
> - look inside the commands..lo and behold they contain the stuff you
> are looking for
>
> (* look at them *) ?VFPgrapfixCommands
>
> - these dumps give you the primitives you are looking for
>
> VFPgrapfixCommands[[1, 2]]
> VFPgrapfixCommands[[1, 2]]

adding to this helpful advice I want to mention that, when remembering
that graphics are just ordinary mathematica expressions, you can scale
all arrow heads by a common factor with a simple replacement like this:

VectorFieldPlot[{Sin[x], Cos[y]}, {x, 0, 2 Pi}, {y, 0, 2 \[Pi]}] /.
  Arrowheads[x__] :> Arrowheads[0.75*x]

hth,

albert