File reading and writing within for loop

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg83661] File reading and writing within for loop
  • From: "nilaakash at gmail.com" <nilaakash at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 06:20:01 -0500 (EST)

Hi,
    Suppose I have 50 files like following names, in_00.dat,
in_01.dat, in_02.dat, ........
I want to read all the files, manipulate and save output like
out_00.dat, out_01.dat, out_02.dat..... within a "for" loop. Could you
please suggest how to do these ? If you have answer without "for" loop
is also OK.

Thanks in advance.
With regards.
nilaakash