is the visibility of a Polygon[] exposed?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg83653] is the visibility of a Polygon[] exposed?
  • From: congruentialuminaire at
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 06:15:17 -0500 (EST)

Hello Mathematica UG:

Is it possible for my code to tell if a Polygon (in my graphics
object) is visible?

I assume that this is based upon (or is affected by) the ViewPoint->

Further, I assume that the kernel is deriving this somewhere to do
rendering. Do I have any access to this?

If I evaluate:

q = PolyhedronData["SnubCube"]

I can see the component Polygon[] and GraphicsComplex[] objects that
make up the Graphics3D[]. I want to make a code decision based on
whether a face is showing.

Regards..Roger W.