Epilog with 3 dimensional graphics primitives

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg83672] Epilog with 3 dimensional graphics primitives
  • From: Barrow <GRseminar at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 05:27:18 -0500 (EST)

Dear all,
   I wanna plot a torus on which shows the definition of parameters.
That is, there is a torus ((R+r*Cos[u])Cos[v],(R
+r*Sin[u])*Sin[v],r*Sin[u]), I wanna show the definitions of u and v.
So I have to draw some circles, lines on the torus. My idea is:

ParametricPlot3D[{(5 + 2 Cos[u]) Cos[v], (5 + 2 Cos[u]) Sin[v], 2
Sin[u]}, {u,0,2Pi},{v,0,2Pi}, Epilog->{Line and Circle here}]

There are two problems. The first is that, I tried to put in the
Epilog above some 3D graphics primitive, e.g. Point[{0,0,0}]. But it
doesn't work! It seems that only 2D graphics primitives can be put
inside the Epilog.

The second problem is that, I wanna show the definitions of u and v,
so the torus should be "transparent" in some section to show the lines
and circles (i.e. to show the definitions of u and v), how can I do
that? i.e. to make some portion of the torus being transparent?

 Thank you all!    Sincerely Barrow