Re: Problems used by Benchmark[]?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg83727] Re: Problems used by Benchmark[]?
  • From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 06:23:21 -0500 (EST)

janos wrote:

> I understand that I can compare machines using Benchmark, but can I
> find the problems themselves?
> This should be known than anybody could compare also porgrams.

On my Windows XP system, for Mathematica 6, the plain ASCII text file
called

Benchmarking.m

located in the directory

C:\Program Files\Wolfram
Research\Mathematica\6.0\AddOns\Packages\Benchmarking

contains the code for the problems under the section header "Benchmark
Tests" (roughly the last third of the file). Look for the function
called *benchmarktests*.

for Mathematica 5.2, the plain ASCII text file called

Benchmark.m

located in the directory

C:\Program Files\Wolfram
Research\Mathematica\5.2\AddOns\StandardPackages\Utilities

contains the code for the problems under the section header "Benchmark
Tests" (roughly the last third of the file). Look for the function
called *benchmarktests*.

Regards,
--
Jean-Marc