Manipulate with very computationally large problems

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg83771] Manipulate with very computationally large problems
  • From: Phil I <p.ingrey at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 05:18:06 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I'm try to use manipulate with a very complicated plot (lots of
Hypergeometric function) with each plot taking around 15 mins to
generate. Now when manipulate is used it comes up with $Aborted for
any but the first plot. Mathematica seems to try and calculate each
plot as I move the control bar, is there a way to get mathematica to
pre-render all the data first then output the result?

Thanks,
Phil I