Was: Modifying the Default stylesheet?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg81736] Was: Modifying the Default stylesheet?
  • From: David Reiss <dbreiss at>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 05:45:27 -0400 (EDT)

In the first two versions of my reply to this post

I gave a pretty complex way to solve the problem of creating a new
stylesheet and installing it on a Mathematica 6 system.

So I sat down tonight and went through a zen-like set of motions of
successive refinement and created a function to include in the next
version of A WorkLife FrameWork which "automatically" does this.

So I am sharing it with the group through the blog posting that I
wrote about it (which contains some other stuff I learned through the

The blog is at

(the posting is the current first item)

and the permalink to the posting is at

The notebook with the code can be downloaded from the blog directly
through the "Notebook" link at the end of the posting.

I hope that this is helpful to folks.  This question has come up a few
times, and I needed a tool to do this as well.

A WorkLife FrameWork
E x t e n d i n g MATHEMATICA's Reach...