Is this normal for Limit?

I have what I would think is the following simple limit to evaluate:

$Pre = Refine[#] &;
$Assumptions = {t \[Element] Reals, k \[Element] Reals,  k > 0};

In[3]:= Limit[Exp[-k t], t -> Infinity]

The results is:

Out[3]= Limit[\[ExponentialE]^(-k t), t -> \[Infinity]]

In other words Mathematica 6.0.0 punts on this.  Is there any sense in
which this limit is not well-defined?

Michael Mandelberg