Re: expansion of a complex exponential in terms of Bessel functions
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg82310] Re: expansion of a complex exponential in terms of Bessel functions
- From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
- Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 04:06:18 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com>
just write down the rule and don't use Sum because
otherwise Mathematica will simplify back the Sum
P. S. Ramanujam wrote:
> Dear MathForum
> Is there a way to expand a complex exponential function such as exp[i x_ Cos[y_]]
> in terms of Bessel functions in Mathematica? For example,
> Exp[i a Cos[b]]->Bessel[0,b]+Sum[i^n Bessel[J[n,b](Exp[i n b]+Exp[-i n b])?
> P. S. Ramanujam
Prev by Date:
Re: Hiding Input Cells
Next by Date:
ListPlot: Choose segents to draw.
Previous by thread:
expansion of a complex exponential in terms of Bessel functions
Next by thread:
Is this normal for Limit?