Mathematica 6.01 and openSUSE 10.3

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg82325] Mathematica 6.01 and openSUSE 10.3
  • From: Luis <medinarivera at>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 04:14:08 -0400 (EDT)

Hi everyone,

I'm having a problem trying to open Mathematica 6 on a notebook (intel
core duo) running Linux openSUSE 10.3 .  The kernel runs well, but
when trying to open the FrontEnd it crashes right away and Mathematica
shows the following startup error:

" An error has occurred while Mathematica was starting up.
Mathematica may not function properly until this problem is resolved.
You may choose to continue anyway, but you could encounter additional
problem. "

If I don't quit it there and decide to continue then everything is
unreadable and the FrontEnd refuses to close.

Has anyone encounter the same problem?  Does anyone know how to solve