eigenvectors is taking lot of time

Hi all

I am trying to calculate eigenvectors of a 30 X 30 matrix. and
mathematica is still just "running".
Is the any way to get the eigenvectors quickly.

After 45 mins ,it was still running and displayed a message "limit of
"some number here(4096) exceeded"

i wanted eigen values and vectors both ..so i tried eigensystem....but
tat also took long, so i switched to individualfunctions of
eigenvalues and eigenvectors.

I aborted it...shud i execute it again and wait for longer?
I use Mathematica 5.2 and got a AMD Turion 2.2 Gz, does tat matter for
a  30 x 30 matrix??

Thanks

Vick Al Aisa