Re: mathematica 6.0 for linux crashes when manipulating plots of
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg82580] Re: mathematica 6.0 for linux crashes when manipulating plots of
- From: Francesco <b.gatessucks at gmail.com>
- Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 06:08:37 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com>
Hi, are you using a particular driver for GL support ? I had the same problem using fglrx with an ATI graphics card. Try to run Mathematica with the '-mesa' switch; it forces Mathematica to use its own GL libraries and it should not crash. -Francesco On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 09:56:35 +0000, Frodo wrote: > Hi, I've just installed mathematica 6.0 in my ubuntu box, but doing the > tutorial, I noticed it ALWAYS crashes when doing the 4th step ("Make it > dynamic..."). > When running from terminal, the following appears: > > Mathematica has received the signal: SIGSEGV and has exited. If > possible, please report this problem to support at wolfram.com describing > in as much detail as possible what you were doing when the problem > occurred. > Segmentation fault (core dumped) > > Does anyone have a hint of how to fix it? Thanks in advance!