Re: mathematica 6.0 for linux crashes when manipulating plots of
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg82607] Re: mathematica 6.0 for linux crashes when manipulating plots of
- From: Frodo <jdimas at gmail.com>
- Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 05:17:46 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com><firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Oct 25, 7:17 am, Francesco <b.gatessu... at gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, are you using a particular driver for GL support ? > I had the same problem using fglrx with an ATI graphics card. > Try to run Mathematica with the '-mesa' switch; it forces Mathematica to > use its own GL libraries and it should not crash. > -Francesco > > On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 09:56:35 +0000, Frodo wrote: > > Hi, I've just installed mathematica 6.0 in my ubuntu box, but doing the > > tutorial, I noticed it ALWAYS crashes when doing the 4th step ("Make it > > dynamic..."). > > When running from terminal, the following appears: > > > Mathematica has received the signal: SIGSEGV and has exited. If > > possible, please report this problem to supp... at wolfram.com describing > > in as much detail as possible what you were doing when the problem > > occurred. > > Segmentation fault (core dumped) > > > Does anyone have a hint of how to fix it? Thanks in advance! thanks! worked perfectly!!