Compiz

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg82600] Compiz
  • From: Girish Kulkarni <geeree at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 05:14:11 -0400 (EDT)

I am using Mathematica 5.2 over our network through ssh on my laptop,
which runs Ubuntu 7.10.  This version of Ubuntu uses the Compiz Fusion
engine for window management. I find that Mathematica doesn't go well
with Compiz. Mathematica notebooks are not rendered properly - text
becomes unreadable and colours won't show. If I change the window
manager to Metacity this problem goes away and Mathematica windows are
rendered correctly. Is there any way I can correct this behaviour?

Girish.