Re: Animation of a rotating object. (Mathematica 6)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg80769] Re: Animation of a rotating object. (Mathematica 6)
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 00:27:38 -0400 (EDT)

With animation you almost always have to specify PlotRange (as you did) to
prevent 'frame jitter'.

To zoom in on the object use PlotRegion (in a somewhat unconventional
manner).

a = Plot3D[Sin[x y], {x, -5, 5}, {y, -5, 5}, MaxRecursion -> 1,
  PlotPoints -> 50, Mesh -> None]

Manipulate[Graphics3D[Rotate[a[[1]], phi, {0, 0, 1}],
  Boxed -> False,
  PlotRange -> {{-7, 7}, {-7, 7}, {-1, 1}},
  PlotRegion -> {{-0.2, 1.2}, {-0.2, 1.1}}],
 {phi, 0, Pi/2}]

You can use Table instead of Manipulate to export your graphics.

--
David Park
djmpark at comcast.net
http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark/