Limits on solving large nonlinear system

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg80799] Limits on solving large nonlinear system
  • From: Tomislav Nad <tomislav.nad at student.tugraz.at>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2007 02:52:54 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I am using Mathematica to solve nonlinear systems of equations,

without success, because I run out of memory.

So I try to find out where the limits are for FindRoot:

size of the system, degree of the equations and so on.

I actually did not find any information about this.

In all my equations the degree of one variable is always one,

but I have a lot of expressions where variables are multiplied

like

   x1*x2*x3*x4 = 0

   x1*x2*x3+x1*x4 = 0.

Does anyone know more about the limits?