reducing the size of a Manipulate slider control, problem when using ImageSize

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg80856] reducing the size of a Manipulate slider control, problem when using ImageSize
  • From: "Nasser Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 03:47:21 -0400 (EDT)

6.0.1:

Problem to solve is this: Trying to control the size of the controls that
used by different manipulate entries. For example, this will produce a
slider:

Manipulate[foo[],{x,0,1}]

But when I did the following below, the slider went away! (is this a bug or
a feature?)

Manipulate[foo[], {{x, 0, 1}, ImageSize -> Tiny}]

I can;t explain what it did that. According to help, Slider does have an
ImageSize option, so I figured I'll try it here.
How else can one make the above slider in Manipulate smaller in size? I want
to fit 2 slider next to each others instead of on top of each others on the
screen.

thanks,
Nasser