Re: Limits of Nested Expressions
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg80839] Re: Limits of Nested Expressions
- From: Yaroslav Bulatov <yaroslavvb at gmail.com>
- Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 03:38:39 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org><email@example.com>
On Sep 3, 3:17 am, dimitris <dimmec... at yahoo.com> wrote: > On 2 , 10:05, dimitris <dimmec... at yahoo.com> wrote: > > > > > On 30 , 09:32, Yaroslav Bulatov <yarosla... at gmail.com> wrote: > > > > Is it possible to compute the following limit in Mathematica 6? > > > Limit[Nest[Sqrt[5 + #]&, 5, n], n -> Infinity] > > > > It used to be possible through Calculus`Limit package, which seems to > > > be gone > > > Hi. > > > I think the others covered your query. > > Just a side remark, I suggest you to read > > the following thread, based on a old but similar > > question of mine. > > > Regards > > Dimitris > > Ooops! > I forgot the link... > > Voila: > > http://groups.google.gr/group/comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica/browse_t... > > Cheers > Dimitris Thanks for the replies. I got the impression from Michael Trott's Guidebook that Calculus`Limit contained useful functionality, but now I can see that it is not so.