Re: Unevaluated hypergeometric functions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg80897] Re: Unevaluated hypergeometric functions
  • From: "Jean-Marc Gulliet" <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 02:48:53 -0400 (EDT)

Jerry Helffrich wrote:

> But I am using a defined function in Mathematica.  It has a name:
>
> Hypergeometric2F1[a, b, c, z]
>
> and I gave it real numbers for all the arguments except z, then asked
> it to be plotted as a function of z from 1/2 to 1.

Well, I do not know what is going on on your system. For instance, the
following expression, which may not be even close to the one you are
trying to plot, but how could I tell,

Plot[Sum[Hypergeometric2F1[1, b, 2, z], {b, 1, 5}], {z, 1/2, 1}]

works fine on my system as you can check at

http://homepages.nyu.edu/~jmg336/mathematica/hyperplot.pdf

--
Jean-Marc