plot error messages are completelly missing

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg80978] plot error messages are completelly missing
  • From: "Josef Otta" <josef.otta at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 05:40:16 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all,

I have a question to a catching error messages is the evaluation of
graphics functions in the version 6. For example, consider a function
plotting  with non real values:

{Plot[Sqrt[x], {x, -2, 1}],
  $MessageList}

in version 5.2 the output is a plot with these messages

{Plot::plnr, Plot::plnr, Plot::plnr, General::stop}}

If I use the same approach in the version 6.0 i get no error messages
and that is a big problem for me. Do you have any idea how to get
these errors?
I do not know how to get these messages also in the cases where

Complex,  ComplexInfinity, Indeterminate, Null, Underflow or Overflow

occur in the evaluation of almost every graphics function.

Thank you for your help,

Josef Otta