Re: Distinguishing Strings from Symbols

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg81154] Re: [mg81114] Distinguishing Strings from Symbols
  • From: "Yuri Kandrashkin" <spinalgebra at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 03:34:56 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,
You can apply the function InputForm for your result like in the example below
{x,"x"} //InputForm

You also can change the value of option ShowStringCharacters
for Output cells in style definitions.

To change the style of strings you can use the following command
although I am not sure that this is a best solution :
 $PrePrint = (# /. str_String :> Style[str, Red]) &

--
Sincerely,
Yuri Kandrashkin, PhD