Automated documentation (like javadoc) for packages?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg81218] Automated documentation (like javadoc) for packages?
  • From: "Kentaroh Takagaki" <kentaroh.takagaki at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 04:04:20 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

I have a Mathematica package for graphing specialized data, and I plan to
share this code with others. I am wondering if there is any way to
automatically generate documentation for the package (similar to javadoc for
Java), which will parse the .m files for symbol::usage statements,
Options[symbol] statements, scope, etc.

Even a rudimentary script would be of great help, and just .nb or html
output is fine. (It doesn't have to use the Help Browser or new
Documentation Center). Please let me know if anybody has or knows of a way.

Thank you,
Kenta