Re: Aspect Ratio question

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg81342] Re: Aspect Ratio question
  • From: "Kevin J. McCann" <kjm at>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 03:44:05 -0400 (EDT)

This depends a bit on the Mathematica version you are using

Try each of these and compare:

Show[Graphics[Circle[{1, 2}, 2]]

Show[Graphics[Circle[{1, 2}, 2], AspectRatio -> 1,Axes -> True]]

Show[Graphics[Circle[{1, 2}, 2], AspectRatio -> 2,Axes -> True]]

Show[Graphics[Circle[{1, 2}, 2], AspectRatio -> 1/2,Axes -> True]]

Show[Graphics[Circle[{1, 2}, 2], AspectRatio -> GoldenRatio,Axes -> True]]

In Version 6, the first two will produce a circle. In version 5.2, the
first and the last will produce ellipses that are the same, and the
second will produce a circle. This difference between versions occurs
because the Default behavior was changed in version 6.