Re: confusion about Mathematica Print, Messages,
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg81345] Re: [mg81320] confusion about Mathematica Print, Messages,
- From: Chris Hill <chill at wolfram.com>
- Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 03:45:40 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <200709190927.FAA01336@smc.vnet.net>
At 04:27 AM 9/19/2007, Nasser Abbasi wrote:
>What I really need do is the following: Send all my print output to a
>separate open notebook, and not have any message being overwritten. I have
>read documentation on Print, CellPrint, Message, and few other Google
>things, but it still not clear to me how to do this.
To send output to a specific notebook for logging, I would define my
own logging function. It might look something like this:
$dbgnb = NotebookCreate[WindowTitle -> "Debugging Output"];
dbgout[data_] := (SelectionMove[$dbgnb, After, Notebook];
Cell[BoxData[ToBoxes[data]], "Print", CellAutoOverwrite -> False]];)
Prev by Date:
Re: Aspect Ratio question
Next by Date:
Re: How to slow down SWF?
Previous by thread:
confusion about Mathematica Print, Messages, Console, Stdout, Stderr and all that.
Next by thread:
DatabaseLink behaviour change in 6.0