Re: Manipulate[] CreateDocument[] BUG ???

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg81396] Re: Manipulate[] CreateDocument[] BUG ???
  • From: roby.nowak at gmail.com
  • Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 03:21:06 -0400 (EDT)

hi all,
and thx for the tips

i realized that the problem is the HoldAll attribute of Manipulate.
But it is not solveved ba wrapping Evaluate arround k*s
for this simple case it would work of course, but the example
presented is the stripped down to the point version of a complex one.
the real problem (a bitimage convolution demo with interactive
modifyed kernel)  does not allow to Evaluate the parameters to
Manipulate because the paramters are depending on the slider variable
s which in turn is not defined befor entering Manipulate.
What I needed was (Evaluate[k]*s) as parameter to Manipulate but this
seems not to overrule the HoldAll of Manipulate in contrast to
(Evaluate[k*s]) which is not appropriate for my problem.

the best solution so far i have is the following:

A := Module[{k}, kouter = 1;
   kouter // Function[{k},
     CreateDocument@Manipulate[k*s, {{s, 1}, 1, 10}]]];

regards robert