Re: Manipulate[] CreateDocument[] BUG ???

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg81392] Re: Manipulate[] CreateDocument[] BUG ???
  • From: shirahsong at gmail.com
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 03:14:31 -0400 (EDT)

I think that you are wanting something more like

CreateDocument@Manipulate[Module[{k}, k = 1; k*s], {{s, 1}, 1, 10}]

i.e., put the localization of the variable within the Manipulate.

Remember that, in your original form, the document that gets created
contains an instance of the localized variable, but that the generated
document is occuring ourside of the Module (i.e., it is returned from
the module) and so it has a "orphaned" local variable.