Printing from Mathematica via Kprinter

Hi, all,

    I usually use Mathematica (6.0.1) from linux, specifically, the KDE WM. I
would like to use the "kprinter" program to print notebooks directly, but
kprinter is not listed as a possible printer (as it is in many other
programs; I suppose these other programs might be tied more closely to KDE's
libraries or something).

   Is there a way of adding a printer "manually" (via a configuration file?)
or of making Mathematica notice that pseudoprinters are available to the
system?

        Many thanks,
                       Curtis O.
--