Printing from Mathematica via Kprinter

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg81452] Printing from Mathematica via Kprinter
  • From: Curtis Osterhoudt <cfo at>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 21:18:40 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, all,

    I usually use Mathematica (6.0.1) from linux, specifically, the KDE WM. I
would like to use the "kprinter" program to print notebooks directly, but
kprinter is not listed as a possible printer (as it is in many other
programs; I suppose these other programs might be tied more closely to KDE's
libraries or something).

   Is there a way of adding a printer "manually" (via a configuration file?)
or of making Mathematica notice that pseudoprinters are available to the

        Many thanks,
                       Curtis O.
Curtis Osterhoudt
cfo at