Re: Mathematica 6.0 - FinancialData

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg81451] Re: [mg75594] Mathematica 6.0 - FinancialData
  • From: Theta <info at>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 21:18:10 -0400 (EDT)

Hello, i don't even get FinancialData to work properly. Internet connectivity
is checked from within mathematica and is working, error below.

In[1]:= DateListPlot[FinancialData["GE", "Jan. 1, 2000"]]

During evaluation of In[1]:= FinancialData::dlfail: Internet download \
of data for FinancialData failed.  Use Help > Internet Connectivity... \
to test or reconfigure internet connectivity. >>

During evaluation of In[1]:= DateListPlot::ntdt: The first argument \
to DateListPlot is not a list of pairs of dates and real values or a \
list of lists of pairs of dates and real values. >>

Out[1]= DateListPlot[$Failed]

Pratim Vakish wrote:
> Hello,
> I have seen that Mathematica has a new function called FinancialData
> returning data such as the returns of stocks, indices, etc.
> I woulkd like to know the sources (World Bank, IMF, etc.) for the
> financial data provided bi the function FinancialData.
> Pratim

Sent from the MathGroup mailing list archive at