Re: Epilog in ListLogPlot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg81449] Re: [mg81433] Epilog in ListLogPlot
  • From: Curtis Osterhoudt <cfo at lanl.gov>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 21:17:08 -0400 (EDT)

On Sunday 23 September 2007 02:33:10 Bruce Colletti wrote:
> Re 6.0.1 under WinXP.
>
> Consider the code:
>
> X = {{2, 4}, {9, 5}, {12, 13}};
> ListPlot[X, Epilog -> {Red, Point@{4, 6}}]
> ListLogPlot[X, Epilog -> {Red, Point@{7, 7}}]
>
> Helptext says ListLogPlot has ListPlot's options.
>
> Unlike Plot #1, why doesn't the red dot appear in Plot #2?
>
> Thankx.
>
> Bruce

   You've probably figured this out (and your actual question still stands),
but it appears that the {4,6} coordinates aren't adapted to the ListLogPlot
scale. If you replace Point@{7,7} with Point@{7, Log[7]} then things will
probably look as you want.

    That won't ultimately answer anything, but it might provide a quick
workaround.

    Hope that helps,
                C.O.

Curtis Osterhoudt