Version 6 won't import Excel (Mac)
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg81576] Version 6 won't import Excel (Mac)
- From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
- Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 02:10:19 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Mathematics & Statistics, Univ. of Mass./Amherst
- Reply-to: murray at math.umass.edu
A colleague who uses a Mac with MacOS 10.4.10 has the following
Mathematica 6 problem: He cannot get Import to work with either an .xls
file or a .csv file created from an Excel spreadsheet.
Instead, the resulting Output cell just contains a button that says
"Import" followed by the arguments used to call Import in square
brackets. Clicking the button just opens the Documentation Center
window to the page for "ref/Import" which describes how to use the function.
Has anyone else experienced this on Macs? Does Mathematica 6 possibly
use Java, and could there be some configuration problem involving that?
Murray Eisenberg murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Lederle Graduate Research Tower phone 413 549-1020 (H)
University of Massachusetts 413 545-2859 (W)
710 North Pleasant Street fax 413 545-1801
Amherst, MA 01003-9305
Prev by Date:
git + Mathematica = corrupt notebooks
Next by Date:
Re: Higher order total derivatives
Previous by thread:
Re: git + Mathematica = corrupt notebooks
Next by thread:
Re: Version 6 won't import Excel (Mac)