Re: animated GIF

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg81593] Re: animated GIF
  • From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 02:19:04 -0400 (EDT)

Veit Elser wrote:

> I'm having trouble exporting GIF animations from Mathematica. The
> problem seems to be the color map. I notice this when importing the
> animation into other applications, in particular Apple's Keynote
> presentation software. The resulting animation is very dependent on
> the first frame. For example, if some colors used in later frames
> don't appear in the first frame, then these are rendered black.
> Should I be instructing Mathematica to create a global color map? If
> so, how is that done?

Several data elements can be used to instruct Mathematica how to handle
color maps. For instance (I believe you are looking for this one),

"GlobalColorMap" : color reduction palette used by all frames, given as
a list of RGBColor objects

But there is also many other settings, such as

"ColorMap" : color reduction palette
"Data" : array of RGB color values
"GrayLevels" : array of normalized gray-level values
"RawData" : array of color map indices
"RGBColorArray" : array of RGBColor objects

(Check the documentation center at ref/format/GIF -> ELEMENTS -> Data
representation elements for a static GIF or the frames of animated GIF
files.)

HTH,
--
Jean-Marc