Re: Alignment matrix Output

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg81619] Re: Alignment matrix Output
  • From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 02:33:12 -0400 (EDT)

Miguel wrote:

> When the output is a matrix, the the numbers (digits) in the boxes are
> alignmed at left. The aspect is very confuse.
>  Can I align to the right?.

Hi Miguel,

Contrary to what the documentation center claims about the default
behavior of *MatrixForm*, i.e. "Elements in each column are by default
centered", the elements are aligned on the left of each column, and
using the option *TableAlignments" does not help either since the option
is dysfunctional in version 6.0.1. See the tread, "TableAlignments
broken in Version 6?" for more information:

We are left with using *Grid* to get more or less the expected output.

Grid[m, Alignment -> Right]

See the following file for some experiments.