Re: Alignment matrix Output
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg81619] Re: Alignment matrix Output
- From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
- Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 02:33:12 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK
- References: <email@example.com>
> When the output is a matrix, the the numbers (digits) in the boxes are
> alignmed at left. The aspect is very confuse.
> Can I align to the right?.
Contrary to what the documentation center claims about the default
behavior of *MatrixForm*, i.e. "Elements in each column are by default
centered", the elements are aligned on the left of each column, and
using the option *TableAlignments" does not help either since the option
is dysfunctional in version 6.0.1. See the tread, "TableAlignments
broken in Version 6?" for more information:
We are left with using *Grid* to get more or less the expected output.
Grid[m, Alignment -> Right]
See the following file for some experiments.
Prev by Date:
Re: XML data structure parsing in Mathematica 6 using patterns
Next by Date:
Re: Version 6 won't import Excel (Mac)
Previous by thread:
Alignment matrix Output
Next by thread:
CompleteCharacters Palette in v6?