Palette Size

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg81637] Palette Size
  • From: Helen Read <hpr at together.net>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 03:57:51 -0400 (EDT)

On my computer at work, the size of the Basic Math Input palette is too
small. The contents of the palette are cut off on the right and at the
bottom, making some of the items on the palette inaccessible. I think it
was OK when I first installed Mathematica 6, but got messed up somehow
when I was recently fooling around with the Windows XP Accessibility
Options (was troubleshooting an issue a colleague was having). I tried
putting all my Windows settings (font size etc.) back the way they were
before, but this (or some other unintentional change) has altered the
palette size, and I simply cannot resize it.

I looked at the Basic Math Input WindowSize (under Window Properties) in
the Option Inspector, on the offending computer in my office, on the
instructor's computer in a classroom where I teach, and on my home PC
(all of these  running Mathematica 6.0.1 on Windows XP). The palette's
WindowSize on the offending computer in my office is set to {77,381}. In
the classroom it is set to {Fit,Fit}, and my home PC it is set to
{90,455} (the latter computer is set to use Windows XP large fonts, same
as my office PC). I have tried changing the WindowSize in my office to
{Fit,Fit}, {Automatic,Automatic}, {90,455}, and various other things,
but the Option Inspector does not allow any change that I make, and
immediately replaces whatever I put in but in with the too small
{77,381}. Is there somewhere else I need to change it?

--
Helen Read
University of Vermont