mathematica on macbook... hangs on 5-4

Hi all,

I have installed Mathematica 6.0.2.0 onto a macbook 2.2 GHz Intel Core
2 Duo running OS X 10.5.2 (2GB of ram). The program (as the version
6.0.0) hangs in evaluating even the simplest cells such as addition
2+2. It just hangs for minutes without giving any message. Mathematica
10.5.2 works fine... I have noticed that if I run it as admin it gives
me these problems while if I run it as ROOT user it doesn't.
Suggestions?