- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg87335] basic questions
- From: <markus.mooslechner at chello.at>
- Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 05:35:26 -0400 (EDT)
first of all i would like to introduce myself to the list: i work as artist and would describe myself as mathematica noob. being an artist i am mainly engaged in visualizing chaotic systems, such as iterated function systems or time series from experimental data. now, here comes the mathematica bit for which i hope to find some information on this list (at the moment i do not own mathematica but have the chance to use it on one of the machines at the local university (mathematica 6)).
i would be very happy to find some tips for those basic noob questions:
- how can i import a 3 column (x,y,z) file into mathematica an do a 3d plot? ps: i managed the 2d version with something like data=Import["file", List] and ListPlot ... or so ...
- is there an expression that colors certain values from the list with a color of my choice? (eg: the mean values from the list are rendered "red")
- and number three: how can i tell mathematica to do the following: take an irrational number such as PI. now create a list according to the following rule: 3.14159265 ....->
looking forward to your tips!
thank you for your time
Prev by Date:
Re: RegionPlot color
Next by Date:
Previous by thread:
Re: Just primitive ColorFunction
Next by thread:
Re: basic questions