Re: ContourPlot, etc.: not every point a Real

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg87506] Re: ContourPlot, etc.: not every point a Real
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.ch>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 05:59:30 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Will,

ContourPlot first calls Eval with symbolic arguments in order to check

if it can simplify the expression. This is done to improve speed. You

can suppress this, by specifying that the arguments must be numeric, e.g.:

Eval[x__?NumericQ]

take care to clear first the old definitions of Eval.

hope this helps, Daniel