Re: color scale for plot

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg87556] Re: [mg87542] color scale for plot
  • From: "W_Craig Carter" <ccarter at>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 03:29:59 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Adrian,
I don't think there is an option to do this, but you could construct it yourself
with something like this (this is what I've used):

ArrayPlot[Table[i/256, {j, 1, 24}, {i, 1, 256}], BaseStyle -> Small,
 ColorFunction -> TheParticularColorFunctionYouUsed,
 PlotLabel -> "My Scale"]

And then insert the graphic into your plot.  Drawing Tools may be useful.

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 7:01 AM, Adrian Lupascu <Adrian.Lupascu at>

> Hi everyone,
> I was wondering if there is any simple way to add a color scale
> associated to a 3D plot (something like a bar with a color and a
> labelled axis corresponding to the z coordinate). I am interested
> especially in ListPlot3D, ListPointPlot3D, and ListContourPlot.
> Thank you in advance,
> Adrian

W. Craig Carter