Re: Re: Re: Player Pro and Packages

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg87660] Re: [mg87596] Re: [mg87560] Re: Player Pro and Packages
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 05:51:00 -0400 (EDT)

Yes.  Although, in retrospect, we should have considered changing the names of
these environment variables for Player Pro.  We might decide to do this in a
future version, but for now, MATHEMATICA_BASE and MATHEMATICA_USERBASE will
function just fine.

For those who haven't noticed already (although most on this thread seem to have
realized it by now), the default values of $BaseDirectory and $UserBaseDirectory
are different from those in Mathematica, and so packages installed for
Mathematica will not, by default, show up for Player Pro (i.e., you'll have to
install Player Pro packages separately).

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com
User Interface Group