Re: Re: Re: Player Pro and Packages

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg87668] Re: [mg87596] Re: [mg87560] Re: Player Pro and Packages
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 05:52:33 -0400 (EDT)

My concern is just the reverse of what your reply seems to address: I do
NOT want packages within the locations to which MATHEMATICA_BASE and
MATHEMATICA_USERBASE point to be sought first by Player Pro.

I want to be able to have a separate location for, say, an encoded
version of a package that I'm running with Player Pro, and a
source-visible package I use for development within Mathematica itself.

It sounds then like the only alternative would be to put the encoded
version directly within the PlayerPro tree (is there an
AddOns/Applications subdirectory?).  So...

Will that work -- will PlayerPro first search for a package within its
own directory tree despite settings of MATHEMATICA_BASE and
MATHEMATICA_USERBASE?

If not, that's really bad!

If so, that's only partly good: it still forces me to put such things as
(encoded) packages within the PlayerPro tree that might get wiped out
whenever I re-install or upgrade PlayerPro.

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305