Re: Documentation Center Tutorial

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg87795] Re: Documentation Center Tutorial
  • From: David Reiss <dbreiss at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 22:35:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Apr 16, 5:07 am, "Dr. David Kirkby" <david.kir... at onetel.net>
wrote:
> David Reiss wrote:
> > ...as promised I have created a notebook with a set of notes on some
> > aspects of how to prepare material for the Mathematica Documentation
> > Center.
>
> > You can find this notebook at (its the only one on this page at the
> > moment):
>
> >http://www.scientificarts.com/worklife/notebooks/
>
> > The material described there will allow you to create material for the
> > mathematica Documentation Center "by hand."  And it will not have the
> > full set of bells and whistles; but, it may provide just the starting
> > point and a subset of the tricks needed to get folks going on this.
>
> > When version 3.0 of A WorkLife FrameWork is released it will contain a
> > variety of tools for doing all of this automatically.
>
> > If you find any errors in the notebook, please let me know: I wrote it
> > rather quickly...
>
> > I hope that this helps...
>
> Just a suggestion. Why not remove all the stuff at the top about not
> reproducing it (except in full), not for commercial use, plus other
> restrictions. Instead, stick it on a wiki of some sort where others can
> edit it?

Sadly I have no time to do this.  I have run it by some folks that I
know at WRI and will make changes as they come in.

Also it's part of the documentation for my product and so I need to
keep track of it for that purpose.

But anyone who wants to take the core of the methods described and put
it up on a wiki is welcome to do so.  And, of course they can contact
me directly for permission to use the document in full if it seems
like a good idea.  The copyright stuff is just to make sure that
questions for use go through me first....

BEst,

--David