Re: Documentation Center Tutorial

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg87731] Re: Documentation Center Tutorial
  • From: "Dr. David Kirkby" <david.kirkby at onetel.net>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 05:04:31 -0400 (EDT)

David Reiss wrote:
> ...as promised I have created a notebook with a set of notes on some
> aspects of how to prepare material for the Mathematica Documentation
> Center.
>
> You can find this notebook at (its the only one on this page at the
> moment):
>
> http://www.scientificarts.com/worklife/notebooks/
>
> The material described there will allow you to create material for the
> mathematica Documentation Center "by hand."  And it will not have the
> full set of bells and whistles; but, it may provide just the starting
> point and a subset of the tricks needed to get folks going on this.
>
> When version 3.0 of A WorkLife FrameWork is released it will contain a
> variety of tools for doing all of this automatically.
>
> If you find any errors in the notebook, please let me know: I wrote it
> rather quickly...
>
> I hope that this helps...

Just a suggestion. Why not remove all the stuff at the top about not
reproducing it (except in full), not for commercial use, plus other
restrictions. Instead, stick it on a wiki of some sort where others can
edit it?

My guess is that perhaps someone from Wolfram Research might make some
changes.

http://www.mathematica-users.org

has not been a wonderful successful it must said, and there might be
better places, but this documentation issue is the sort of item that
could be put in an FAQ

http://www.mathematica-users.org/webMathematica/wiki/wiki.jsp?pageName=FAQs