Re: Re: Re: EdgeRenderingFunction to

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg87867] Re: [mg87835] Re: [mg87670] Re: [mg87549] EdgeRenderingFunction to
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 03:32:30 -0400 (EDT)

Sorry about the mistake:  Using characters as vertex labels here DOES
work.  (I had forgotten to revert to the names that Carl Woll used for
the utility functions when I tried to evaluate the second input
expression shown below.)

But with a "catch": For this example, the edge labels of two of the
edges are written to the same location, in the middle of the "X" inside
the square, so that you see only one of them.  Unfortunately, the ruse
of including the Method->"HighDimensionalEmbedding" and then manually
dragging vertices around so as to reveal the hidden vertex is not
available:  the VertexCoordinateRules option is not allowed here.

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305