Re: axis alignment of 3D plots with ListContourPlot3D

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg87926] Re: [mg87886] axis alignment of 3D plots with ListContourPlot3D
  • From: "W_Craig Carter" <ccarter at mit.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 23:54:19 -0400 (EDT)

Hello Jess,
This will work, it is not efficient, but fairly straightforward to
modify for you own purposes:

data = Table[{Sin[RandomReal[{-x, x}]], Cos[RandomReal[{-x, x}]],
    Cos[ x]}, {x, 0, 1, .01}];

plot = ListPlot3D[data]

ViewFrom[myplot_, r_, theta_, phi_] :=
 Show[myplot,
  ViewPoint -> r {Cos[theta] Sin[phi], Sin[theta] Sin[phi], Cos[phi]}]
(*here I use spherical coordinates, but the choice is yours)

ViewFrom[plot, 1.2, Pi/6, Pi/3]
(*
ViewFrom, save an image, ViewFrom, save an image...
You can also program your own "flight trajectory" and "speed"
*)

--
W. Craig Carter