Re: Defining derivatives
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg87996] Re: Defining derivatives
- From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
- Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 14:37:15 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Stanford University
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
In article <fuhr01$rht$1 at smc.vnet.net>, Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com> wrote: > Nevertheless, this approach is less generic than Carl Woll's solution > > Derivative[f1] = f2; > What can one _do_ with this construction? Presumably it's executed in situations where f2 is already defined, and f1 isn't --- ?? --- and when executed creates f1 (to within a constant of integration)? Can one then plot or evaluate f1, without further ado?